Thursday, October 25, 2012

I am not your journal. I have an opinion

This about something that has been a problem since I was quite young, I'd say around ten. People like to come to me. To listen to them. Mainly about life's troubles, their troubles. I don't mind until some of them start to think of me as some sort of journal. That they don't realize I have a view and opinion on what they are saying. It's becomes a problem when people come to me, then ask for advice, but then don't heed my advice. Because all they wanted was someone to validate what was happening. A bigger problem is when people talk to me because they don't think I'll do anything or can't. I will by the way and I have. My door is always open to those who truly want advice but to those who want to tug on my heartstrings or are looking for validation. I am not a confessional. I am not your priest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment